700,000+ Fans and Followers:    
Advertise | Submit News
Wednesday, January 2, 2019

3-Year Old Boy Beaten to Death with Baseball Bat For Taking a Cupcake

Glenndria Morris and LaShirley Morris, suspects for the death of 3-year-old Kejuan Mason

Glenndria Morris and LaShirley Morris, suspects for the death of 3-year-old Kejuan Mason

Atlanta, GA — Kejuan Mason, a 3-year old boy from Atlanta, died back in 2017 after being beaten by a baseball bat for taking a cupcake. The boy’s guardian Glenndria Morris and her sister LaShirley Morris, who were accused of the killing, are scheduled to go on trial this week.

The two suspects were each facing charges of two counts of felony murder, one count of aggravated assault, and two counts of first-degree cruelty to children in the death of Mason.

Police found Mason after they responded to a call on October 21, 2017 at a home in southwest Atlanta. He was taken to the hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

The boy’s guardian, Glenndria Morris, initially told the police that the boy choked from eating a cupcake. The police report also stated that Morris eventually changed her story and said that the boy choked but he appeared fine and he slept. She said that when they checked on him, he was unresponsive so they called 911.

The paramedics who responded believed that the boy had not been breathing for a while.

Moreover, an autopsy from the Fulton County Medical Examiner’s Office identified that the boy actually died of blunt force trauma. Mason also had bruises all over his body, including his legs, back, buttocks, chest, and head.

Police arrested Glenndria Morris and her sister, LaShirley Morris. LaShirley allegedly hit the boy with a baseball bat repeatedly while Glenndria was spanking his bottom as a punishment for taking a cupcake. The police report also stated that the house was infested with roaches.

The boy’s mother, Geraldine Mason, apparently wanted to remove her son from the home since she believed he was abused. However, a judge denied her request as a penalty for being arrested on a reckless conduct charge. Three days later, Mason was found dead because of apparent abuse.

Watch the local news coverage:

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Get the Latest Black News and Press Releases In Your Email FREE

Your Email Address Here