Nationwide — Students and parents looking for financial aid to help pay for college are rejoicing about the release of a new 67-page book entitled, Get That Money, Honey! Top 101+ Scholarships (and Internships) for African Americans and Other Minority Students (exclusively available at www.urbanebooks.com). The book complements President Obama’s goal by the year 2020 to increase the number of African American students applying to, persisting in and successfully completing college.
Ever year, more than $50 million dollars in scholarships, grants, and other forms of financial aid are given away to students in need. Unlike student loans, scholarships do not have to be repaid.
Scholarship programs that are listed within the book include:
* The Tom Joyner Foundation “Full Ride Scholarship
* The Bill Gates Scholarship For Minority Students
* Ronald McDonald House Charities Scholarships For Minority Students
* Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship
* 100 Black Men of America Future Leader Scholarship
* Blacks at Microsoft (BAM) Scholarships
* Jeanette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund For Low Income Women
* Steve Harvey Foundation/ Coca-Cola Pay It Forward Scholarship Program
* Jay-Z’s Shawn Carter Foundation Scholarship
* Jesse Jackson’s PUSH Excel Scholarship Program
* Generation Google Scholarship For Minorities and Women
* and many, many more!
The book also lists tons of minority internship programs such as:
The Oprah Winfrey OWN Internship, President Obama/ White House Internship For African American Students, Essence Magazine Internship, BET Internship, TV One Internship, Explore Microsoft Internship Program For Women and Minorities, and many more. Internships have long been gateways that lead to careers and well-paying jobs, and these internships are specifically looking to help minority students.
For more details and/or to purchase the book, visit www.urbanebooks.com
Ebooks and Reports