Nationwide — Just in time for the spring season, a new publication has been released to help African American families start a home garden and grow their own food. It’s called Grow Your Own Food! The African American Guide to Starting Your Very Own Organic Garden. Available as an e-book exclusively at www.urbanebooks.com for just $2.49, the book teaches African American men, women, children how to grow their own organic fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices (like tumeric, ginger, and peppers)!
Grow Your Own Food! The African American Guide to Starting Your Very Own Organic Garden teaches readers:
* How to get started with your own personal garden
* How to do container gardening in small spaces
* How to grow organic fruits, vegetables, spices and herbs
* How to choose the best location for your garden
* How to use “green watering” techniques
* What tools are needed, and where to get them
* How to make your own compost and home-made, non-toxic pesticides
* Why organic gardening is so important
* and the top online resources for African American gardeners
Why Black people in particular need to eat organic food
In the African American community, diabetes, heart disease and cancer continue to claim the lives of thousands of people every year – more than any other ethnic group in the United States. All three of these deadly health conditions have been linked to poor diet and lack of exercise, and many health problems have specifically been linked to the presence of not just pesticides and chemicals in the food we eat, but also hormones, anti-biotics, and harmful products like high fructose corn syrup. This information alone is a great reason why more African Americans should take interest in growing and eating more organic foods!
For more details and/or to download Grow Your Own Food! The African American Guide to Starting Your Very Own Organic Garden, visit www.urbanebooks.com
Ebooks and Reports