— Florida Grass-Root Organization, Mothers In Crisis, Inc., Delivering Hope and Healing for 25 Years Due to the Passion and Vision of Founder, Dr. Rosalind Y. Tompkins —
Tallahassee, FL — Drug addiction continues to impact every segment of American society. Twenty-three million Americans are currently addicted to alcohol and/or other drugs. Only one in 10 of them (2.6 million) receives the treatment they need. The result: a treatment gap of more than 20 million Americans and families in crisis. A parent’s substance abuse problem, especially the mother of a single family home, can be traumatic. Dr. Rosalind Y. Tompkins knows this all too well – for she experienced this first hand.
Tompkins received a Doctorate of Humanities Degree from the Five Fold Ministry Theological University for her Humanitarian work to help end drug and alcohol addiction and to relieve the suffering of families afflicted by the disease of addiction through her work with Mothers In Crisis, Inc.
This month, Mothers In Crisis, Inc. is celebrating 25 years of service. The organization provides prevention, intervention and substance abuse support services to at-risk families but began as a support group to help women overcome drug and alcohol addictions. Over the past 25 years Mothers In Crisis has expanded programming to meet the various needs associated with at-risk families including early intervention services for children exposed to substance abuse, parent education, drug and violence prevention for children, teen programming, and jail outreach for women in addition to information and referral services. The result: MIC has helped over 10,000 families living in Tallahassee, Leon and Gadsden Counties in North Florida to overcome addictions and live drug-free lives.
Mothers In Crisis is currently implementing several major initiatives including a “Hope Universe campaign to bring hope to not just Florida, but worldwide,” says Tompkins.
Hope Universe Grace Initiative (HUGI) promoting Hope Universe Day every Friday, as a day to spread hope to families, communities and the world. “HUGI strengthens and adds value to individual and collective assignments and mandates through entrepreneurial opportunities, national and international humanitarian endeavors, community outreach and partnerships, & television, radio, and Internet collaborative initiatives,” said Tompkins.
In honor of the work that Mother In Crisis, Inc. has done over the last 25 years, here are some ways to spread hope in the community through the HUGI initiative:
* Volunteer by reading to children in schools
* Experience meaningful and healthy communication with loved ones, family, friends, co-workers, and colleagues
* Giving of time, food, and money to help families in need
* Minister to those incarcerated by writing letters and visiting
* Post on social media words of hope and hashtag #HUGI
* Sharing your testimony of overcoming with those who are going through hard times
* Lending a helping hand to those in need
* Cleaning up areas where there is trash such as parks and beaches
“In addition to our HUGI campaign, we have a full calendar of events with some exciting international speakers coming in help us celebrate the success,” said Tompkins.
Mother In Crisis Calendar:
* Friday, April 15, 6:30pm – 9:30pm: Proclamation from City of Tallahassee of Hope Universe Day, & Soirée Party with Hip First! Music and spoken word/book signing for Dr. Rosalind Y. Tompkins’ new book, Nimble Anointed Words Empower, a book of poetry (www.n-awe.com)
* Saturday, April 16, 2pm – 5pm: Hope 2.0 Seminar with Dr. Cynthia Kimble, Dr. Brenda Jarmon, with keynote address by celebrated evangelist and missionary Dr. Patricia Bailey. Dr. Bailey is a lecturer, author, and founder of Masters Touch Ministries Global, Inc. (MTM), a mission outreach with headquarters in North Carolina, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Georgia, South Africa, Belgium, Brazil and London, England.
* Sunday, April 17, 11am: Mothers In Crisis Reunion Worship Service and Dinner. All events will be held at Turning Point International Church, 6866 Blountstown Hwy, Tallahassee, FL 32310.
“To attend all the events is just $25 which is really just a donation to the Mothers In Crisis organization to help us further the work and vision – there’s still a lot more we have to do and more families we want to reach,” said Tompkins.
For additional information please call (850) 222-7705, email email@example.com, or visit www.hope-universe.com
Pam Perry, Ministry Marketing Solutions