New Book Reveals How To Build Your Own Personal Brand For Success
-- In his new book, "Fresh Passion: Get a Brand or Die a Generic", author Michael D. Brown, says "During this economic tsunami, you're either an extinct generic or a distinct brand..."
Bookcover and author, Michael D. Brown
Nationwide (January 22, 2013) -- Find your passion. For most it is an elusive goal, lost in the hectic day-to-day shuffle, where making ends meet is the primary focus. Personally, professionally, and economically, we lack fulfillment, but the thought of taking a step back and auditing our lives seems like too cumbersome a task. Absent from our lives is the guidance and know-how to build our personal 'brand' of the type of person we once strived to be and discover the success we once sought after. And in the economic tsunami that's threatening to engulf us all, it is more important than ever to become a fresh and competitive personal brand.
Enter: Fresh PASSION: Get a Brand or Die a Generic by Michael D. Brown, renowned speaker, management expert, and author.
"Where downsizing, lay offs, hiring freezes, limited promotions, declining salaries and painful unemployment is the norm, your personal brand must stand out," says Brown. "There are anemic opportunities for generics as the return on investment is seen as limited. Proven brands are best positioned for exponential personal, professional and economic success."
In Fresh PASSION, Brown applies his proven formula from his efforts in reengineering and enhancing customer service strategy and experience for numerous global brands such as Marriott, Wendy's, Capital One, Omni Hotels, and the U.S. Army. He empowers individuals to shed their 'generic' brand for a personal one that maximizes potential and helps achieve success in all facets of life -- personal, professional, and economic.
"Generics are generally less noticed, aren't rewarded, and don't capture the success they desire as a result of failing to put the necessary work into building and broadcasting their brand," adds Brown. "It's simply not an option that any career-oriented person should entertain for even a moment."
In the book, Brown outlines the Fresh PASSION® methodology in easy-to-follow detail, equipped with interactive worksheets and quizzes to keep readers engaged in the process and on the right track. Each chapter includes the worksheets, personal anecdotes, and suggested activities that guide the reader through the analytical process that results in the articulation and creation of their own distinct brand.
At the core of the book is the Fresh PASSION® process, the mastery of which will enable readers to create a well-defined personal brand that will allow them to accomplish their objectives. The combination of eight skills and attitudes crucial to creating your own personal brand include:
* Preparing yourself: continuing your education through classes, professional development, and maintaining an active intellectual interest and knowledge capital in your career and life
* Aspiring to reach your goals: having particular ambitions and then setting out to achieve your goals - aim at nothing and you are guaranteed to hit it!
* Staying laser-focused: intently focusing on each area of Fresh PASSION®, otherwise you'll miss the mark and not deliver your brand
* Selling your value: understanding your return on investment, having confidence in your fullest potential, and constantly searching for new opportunities that will help you meet, or even succeed, that potential
* Invigorating yourself: having the tenacity and discipline to go the distance and secure your personal and professional success - fan the flame within and catch on fire!
* Omitting the negative: learning from the inevitable negative experiences you will encounter without dwelling on them or letting them consume the valuable real estate in your head - you have so much more ahead of you!
* Nailing the brand: successfully packaging your substance (your core) up and putting a bow on it so that you become a fresh brand that can successfully compete and WIN internally and externally, which will enable you to achieve exponential personal and professional success.
* Keeping it 'Fresh': you need to do it all with a complete new and dazzling approach
"In today's competitive world, you're either a distinct and competitive brand or an extinct generic," comments Brown. "It is when you develop this distinct brand that you will be able to deliver the experience people are willing to subscribe to and pay for. Your personal brand is that solid and consistent impression that comes to mind when people think of you."
About The Author
Michael D. Brown is a sought-after speaker, management expert, and author. He has developed a customer service process (6.5 Fresh Steps to World-Class Customer Service) that during the past 15 years has been credited with re-engineering and enhancing the customer service strategy and experience for a number of small, mid-sized and Fortune 500 companies, including Marriott, Macaroni Grill, U.S. Army, Wendy's, Omni Hotels, Houston Rockets, Capital One, Wells Fargo, Greater Houston Partnership, Jason's Deli, Amoco Oil Company, ARCO Oil Company, Murphy Oil USA - The Wal-Mart Project, British Petroleum, and a number of colleges and universities. Michael was ranked in the top 5 percent among high-performing leaders and coaches in leading Global Fortune 500 companies.
Brown is a globally recognized authority on customer service leadership for developing this customer service strategy that delivers to the frontline and three levels up in the user's organization. This work was later turned into the best-selling book Fresh Customer Service - Treat the employee as #1 and the customer as #2 and you will get customers for life. He has been featured in such media outlets as Christian Science Monitor, NPR, Black Enterprise, and BusinessWeek.com
Michael D. Brown is available for speaking engagements.
For more details, visit www.myfreshbrand.com
About The Book
Fresh PASSION: Get a Brand or Die a Generic is available for purchase from Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com and through all major booksellers.
REVIEW COPIES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
SHARE THIS PAGE: