— What if year-round we could impart our history to our children? We would raise a proud, self-aware and empowered generation! Heritage Box delivers such a tool for families. —
Nationwide — Heritage Box provides families a tool that will keep children engaged YEAR ROUND, not just in February during Black History Month. Each box is designed to build self-pride and enhance children’s understanding of their heritage.
The starter box comes with:
* An authentic Masaai Box made in Kenya to store future African souvenirs
* A world map
* A journal to record their thoughts
* A postcard album to store postcards from the different countries/places families will visit together virtually
* A book with an overview of African American history a bookmark
* For the second month, they will receive a “Travel” package. This box will focus on one country in Africa and provide a souvenir, games, a book and other fun surprises!
* The third month will feature a theme/ person in Black history.
* After the third month, they will alternate the box contents with Black History content and African geography content. Each box will come with a relevant book!
For more details and/or to purchase a subscription for your child, visit www.heritage-box.com
About Heritage Box
Heritage Box was founded by parents of young children who are passionate about teaching their children their history and about Africa. It proved challenging to do this consistently, and they realized a lot of other parents had the same challenges. Even parents who adopt children of African heritage also face this challenge, and are in need of such a tool. Heritage Box was designed to aid families in raising self-aware and confident children!
“A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots.” — Marcus Garvey
Trish Lewis, CEO