— Dallas-Based Hair Care Company Brings its National Program to Dallas Region and Promotes Female Mentorship —
New York, NY — CURLS, one of the pioneering and best recognized natural hair care brands in North America, brings to Dallas its CURLS Girls Rule the World, a signature program dedicated to empowering female entrepreneurship using mentorship as its foundation. Based in Frisco, Texas, CURLS will host 100 girls of color from the Dallas-Fort Worth region, ages 12-18, at its CURLS Girls Rule the World: Empowering Entrepreneurs Luncheon on November 18, 2016 at Pappas Bros. Steakhouse (10477 Lombardy Lane, Dallas, TX 75220). This event is being sponsored by its Founding Partner, Sally Beauty.
CURLS Girls Rule the World embodies Ms. Dellinger’s “can do” spirit and works to empower women and girls of color to take control of their destinies as well as exposes them to business resources that can assist them in doing so. In 2015, CURLS organically created a burgeoning online community for CURLS Girls Rule the World where young women were being empowered by each other through the sharing of their personal stories of triumph. In 2016, CURLS is bringing to life this online community by hosting a series of events where CURLS Girls can meet face to face and be more empowered to live the life they desire. The program launched its CURLS Girls Rule the World: Empowering Entrepreneurs Luncheon in New York City in April 2016.
“We are so proud of our CURLS Girls Rule the World program and our upcoming ‘Empowering Entrepreneurs Luncheon’ in Dallas,” stated CURLS CEO and Founder, Mahisha Dellinger. “Having a mentor and being exposed to business resources to help me accomplish my dreams was something I did not have when I was a young girl. Being able to provide girls with the opportunity to meet successful women, who will stay in touch with them, is truly giving the girls a leg up in realizing that whatever they dream is possible.”
CURLS Girls Rule the World: Empowering Entrepreneurs Luncheon is an intimate and elegant event that will feature keynote speakers who will discuss how to succeed in business as well as share life lessons. A main component of the luncheon will be its “Mentor Match Up,” where girls will be paired with the program’s “Celebrity Expert Mentors,” who will have lunch with the girls and share their personal lessons in business and life. Confirmed Dallas area “Celebrity Expert Mentors” include:
* Mahisha Dellinger, CURLS CEO & Founder
* Julian R. Ado, CEO & Founder, Bella Kinks DFW Natural Hair Expo
* Ashley T. Brown, Speaker, Entrepreneur, Author and Conference Host
* Karonda Cook, Director of Merchandising, Sally Beauty
* Mattye Gouldsby Jones, Director, Coats/Rose
* Jessica Hamilton, President of Client Development, U.S. Adjusting Services
* Shannon Powell Hart, Reporter/Producer, Good Morning Texas, WFAA-TV (ABC)
* Mia Johnson, Senior Brand Manager, Sally Beauty
* Shammah Kinchen, CEO & Founder, Solutions by Shammah and AdornME
* Tyrha M. Lindsey-Warren, MBA, ABD, Managing Director, L.A.I. Communications
* Angela Madison, Producer, CBS
* Trina Terrell, Project Management Executive for Sports, Non-Profits & Live Events
* LaJuana Barton, Chief of Staff, Office of State Senator Royce West (D-TX)
* Myshel, National Recording Artist and Public Speaker
* Sharen King, Partner-Executive Producer, Ask Steve-Digital Media Game of the Steve Harvey TV Show
* Dr. Lakeithia Foster Truehill, Neonatologist and Medical Director of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Medical Center of Lewisville
* Cheryl R. Winston, Senior National Director of Programming, Capitol Music Group
The Founding Partner for the Dallas CURLS Girls Rule the World: Empowering Entrepreneurs Luncheon is Sally Beauty. For more information or for media inquiries on CURLS Girls Rule the World, please contact Tyrha M. Lindsey-Warren at Tyrha.Lindsey@laicommunications or (908) 672-6024.
Founded in 2002, CURLS is one of the pioneering and best recognized natural hair care brands in North America. CURLS offers over 40 natural hair care products made with certified organic ingredients for women, kids, and babies. The company has multi-channel distribution, including retail, where CURLS products can be found nationwide in Target, Sally Beauty, Wal-Mart, Rite Aid, CVS, and Duane Reed and has a strong presence with over 200 professional salon retailers and boutiques across the United States. CURLS also has a strong international presence in Canada, Brazil, Africa, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.curls.biz.
Tyrha M. Lindsey-Warren