— The workshop teaches at-risk youth and others how to avoid negative police encounters and police brutality. —
Nationwide — Attorney Zulu Ali, Director of the Stop and Frisk Academy in Riverside, California, announces workshop to teach at-risk-youth and others on how to avoid negative police encounters, how to navigate the criminal justice system, and life skills. The workshop will be held on May 21, 2016 at 2900 Adams Street, Suite C13 in Riverside, California, 92504 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. PST.
* Attorney Zulu Ali, Trial Attorney & Former Police Officer;
* Dr. E.M. Abdulmumin, Clinical Psychologist & Former Prison Official;
* Dr. Aquil Basheer, Conflict Intervention Specialist & Community Activist;
* Attorney Reginald Taylor, Criminal & Trial Attorney;
* Counselor Michael Clark, Youth Counselor;
* Attorney Maleha Khan-Avila, Immigration & Trial Attorney; and
* Counselor Yousef Z. Barber, Tax & Financial Counselor.
Program sessions will include:
1. Racial profiling & police brutality – the reality;
2. How to handle stop & frisk, illegal searches;
3. Right to remain silent – legality of stops;
4. Navigating the criminal court system & plea bargain trap; .
5. Criminal justice, economics, and poverty; and
6. Navigating, life skills, & conflict resolution – avoiding contact
The Stop and Frisk Academy was founded to provide information, resources, and skills to at-risk-youth and others to avoid negative police encounters, how to navigate the criminal justice system, and life skills.
For more information about the Academy, contact the Law Office of Zulu Ali, Stop and Frisk Academy, 2900 Adams Street, Suite C13, Riverside, California 92504; Tel: 951-782-8722.
For more details about the Law Office of Zulu Ali, visit www.ZuluAliLaw.com
Law Office of Zulu Ali